The proposed API template provides a robust and secure foundation for developing RESTful APIs that adhere to DSF API Standards. It includes a basic API configuration based on these standards, as well as a recommended project structure to organize and manage the development process. The template also supports OIDC configuration using a mock identity server, enabling secure authentication and authorization. Additionally, the API Key handling and validation are included in the configuration without requiring a separate database. The template includes sample endpoints for demonstrating CRUD operations using temporary in-memory storage, as well as sample endpoints for validating email and phone numbers in the Validation Controller. Finally, the Identity Controller includes a sample endpoint to return the claims of an Identity Server access token. Overall, this template provides a solid foundation for creating RESTful APIs that are secure, well-organized, and adhere to DSF API Standards.
This API is a demo implementation that contains the following:
- Basic API Configuration based on the DSF API Standards dsf-api-standard
- OIDC Configuration using a mock identity server dsf-idsrv-dev
- A proposed project structure for RESTful API development based on DSF API Standards dsf-api-standard
- API Key handling and validation in configuration (No DB required)
- Implementation of GET, POST, PUT, and DELETE endpoints for demonstrating CRUD operations using temporary In-Memory storage.
- Sample email and phone number validation endpoints (Validation Controller)
- Implementation of a sample endpoint to return the claims of an Identity Server access token (Identity Controller)